Thursday, March 20, 2014

March Madness 2014 Is Here!

Photo Courtesy of: Wikimedia
Mahanga under CC BY 3.0 License 

For all you college basketball fans out there, the real fun has just begun.  Now I know today is officially the start of the second round of the tournament, but to me the first Thursday of the tournament will always symbolize the beginning of March Madness.




My picks for the Final Four are as follows. I have Florida facing Michigan State in one national semifinal and Wichita State facing Arizona in the other semifinal.  I have Michigan State beating Florida and Wichita State beating Arizona to reach the National Championship.

Drum roll please!  In the National Championship I have the Spartans of Michigan State coming out on top beating the Shockers of Wichita State.  This is a departure from how I usually fill out my bracket because I tend to go all chalk with my picks.  I just don't think Wichita State's magical run will be enough to finish with a perfect record at the end of the tournament.  I also fill out only one bracket for the whole tournament.

In any case, by the time we get to Arlington many brackets will have probably been busted (mine included), but as is the case each year, we look forward to those big upsets where a 13 seed beats a 4, a 12 bests a 5 or by some miracle a 16 ousts a 1.  Good luck to all of you and enjoy the Madness that March has to offer.




Tim Musick
Copyright 2014
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment